What is a cookie and what is it for?
A cookie is a file that is stored on your computer whose goal is to simplify navigation on www.volcanicinternet.com. Cookies can be erased, if so desired, by accessing your browser options. Cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet and under no circumstances can harm your computer.
What types of cookies do we use?
According to the entity that manages them:
– Own cookies: They are sent to your computer from the computers or domains we use to provide the service requested.
– Third party cookies: they are sent to your computer from a computer or domain not managed by us, but by a collaborating entity.
According to the time they remain activated:
– Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in you browser cookie file until you leave the site, so none is recorded on your computer’s hard drive. This information allows us to analyse traffic patterns on the web.
– Persistent cookies: They are stored on the hard drive and our website reads them every time you visit it. They have a specific expiration date and they no longer work after reaching this term. These cookies are used to provide the purchase and register services.
According to their purpose:
– Technical cookies: They are necessary to navigate the website and for its proper operation. They allow, for example, to control traffic and data communication, place an order, use security features, etc.
– Customization cookies: They are those that enable access to the service with features based on a predefined set of criteria, such as language, browser type, etc.
– Analytic Cookies: They are those that quantify the number of users so we can measure and statistically analyse the use of the service.
– Advertising cookies: They enable the management of advertising spaces that might be included in our website.
Cookies used on our site
|Cookie name||Server sent from||Cookie type||Own/Third party|
How can you manage or disable cookies?
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by setting your Internet browser options.
The following websites provide detailed information about the different browsers:
. Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox/protect-your-privacy/cookies
. Google Chrome : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
. Safari http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042